Monday, August 20, 2012

30 under $500


One things I have learned from my wardrobe challenges is that you can definitely live on less when it comes to clothes. It would be a dream of mine once I am skinny again and have some extra money to start fresh. To completely clear out my closet and rebuild it from scratch.
This got me thinking on how much you would actually need to do this. I figured $500 for 30 pieces would be a reasonable challenge. So I decided to try to do it with the help of Polyvore. I think this challenge would be even easier to stay on budget, shopping sales and clearance in brick-and-morter stores.
I gave myself a few perimeters:

  • Try to get breathable pieces made of 100% cotton, rayon, silk, nylon, or viscose for maximum weather comfort.
  • Look for wrinkle free options that won't take a lot of maintenance or care.
  • Focus on all season, timeless styles to maximize the use of each piece.
  • Stick to solid colors that coordinate well with each other.

Above is the collection I was able to put together for $488.80 before taxes and shipping. Not too bad and I really am in love with this wardrobe. If only I could actually bring it home to my closet :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment