Friday, August 17, 2012

The Break-Up Survival Kit

So a very close friend of mine recently went through a very heart wrenching break-up. Unfortunately since I live far away, I can't be there to comfort her. I knew I wanted to comfort her and send a smile her way some how. After some help from Google, I was able to come up with The Break-Up Survival Kit.
I wrote this little poem...

Here's a Paperclip to help you hold it together
But a Sewing Kit for when you come undone
Some Sunglasses to hide the tears
And Waterproof Mascara so your eyes don't run

A little Coffee when you need that pick-me-up
And a Compass so you don't lose your way
An Eraser to forget all the bad parts
And a Star to brighten your day 

I then went to the store and picked up each item in italics in the poem. I also found a cute little chinese take out box to throw everything in. She ended up really liking the idea and has even been inspired to consider starting a little survival kit business herself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment