Tuesday, August 21, 2012

DIY Felted Hangers

When we first moved to the Valley and I was unpacking my clothes, I almost ran out and bought those slim velvet hangers. But then I couldn't justify that frivolous expense on our budget. So I waited.

While I was at Ikea a couple weeks ago, I couldn't help but notice their Bagis slim hangers at $.99 for a 4-pack. This got me thinking that I could use some felt I had at home and make my very own no-slip hangers.

This project took all of 10 minutes and was totally gratifying. I ended up using 4 sheets of different colors of felt that I had, 3 mini glue gun sticks, and the actual hangers. I just cut strips of felt based on my hanger size and how I wanted it to fit. I then glued one edge of the felt directly onto the hanger before wrapping it around the bar and gluing the other edge to the back of the felt. You could easily do this with any hangers you have on hand.


These hangers work perfectly and bring such happiness to my closet! Plus I have no guilt about spending $.99 on them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment