Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Cost of a Baby - Budget Goals

{source}
Like everything else in our life, we are planning to keep this baby as frugal as possible. For the last couple years, I have been working on an Amazon Wish List where I would collect products I liked for our theoretical, future baby. So when I found out Minion was on the way, I reevaluated that list and narrowed it down to what we absolutely would need versus what would just be nice.

While we hope to have a baby shower, I don't plan to register anywhere outside of that list and I want to operate under the theory that we will need to buy all our necessities. So with that, here is what we plan to spend on little Minion during his/her first year of life :)

Goals inspired by this List

Total (Retail Without Gifts) = $1945

Crib, Mattress, Dresser, Rocker = $150
Dresser and Rocker on hand


Diapers & Wipes = $500

DIY Wipes = $20
BumGenius Diaper Sprayer = $50
Pail, Liner, and Wet Bag = $40

Bedding & Decor = $100
Fabric on hand for curtains and rocker cushions
DIY Artwork & Decor - $32

Baby Clothes = $200
$1 onesies @ Thrift Stores
Hand-me-downs

Maternity Clothes = $250
Bras & Underwear
Jeans
Tees
Skirt
Belly Bands - DIY
Hand-me-downs

Nursery Items, High Chair, Toys = $220
Rug = $50
Misc Toys, Potty, etc = $75
Palette shelves = on hand
Pack n' Play (used) = $50

Stroller, Car Seats, Carrier = $325
Moby Wrap = $50
Umbrella Stroller = $15
Cushy Straps = $5
Car Seat Head Support = $10
Neck Pillow = $10
Mealtime = $100
Ice Cube Tray = $1
My Brest Friend = $35

Misc = $100

Burp Cloths, Bibs, Tub, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment