Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Things I Love: Custom Sock Dogs

{source}
Not too long ago, I stumbled across Original Sock Dogs on Etsy, and fell in love. At $85 they are pricier then I normally would spend, but the art and love that Stacey puts into each one makes them totally worth it. I already told Luke that at some point I want to have our girls immortalized in this fashion.

{source}
I started thinking about what I would request for them and what I would say about their personalities. While I think the button noses she normally uses are cute, I love this felted nose she did on this pittie.
{source}
I've even picked the photos of the girls I would want to base their sock versions on...
For Miss B, I would tell Stacey about how we initially named her Barracuda because of her adorable under bite. How she is super protective of home and listens really well. Her favorite sound to come to is Luke's kissy noise. And she is a very jealous big sister who loves to sleep in the bed with us since Blue is too awkward to jump up.
Whereas Baby Blue is the giant of the family and loves to sleep all the time. That she staked claims on being the alpha at only 7 months old. And while she doesn't mind having her fur-cousins over, she will not let them into our bedroom by laying down and blocking the doorway. She is a survivor since she was clipped by a car and still has the scars to prove it on the inside of her left back leg. And she just wants to be close to the people she loves by always having some part of her body touching them.

I love our little girls with all my heart and I dread the day when they are no longer with us. But at least with these sock puppies, they can always be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment