Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Memory Bank

Speechless Studios Memory Bank - $65
A few months ago, I saw this cute idea of keeping a memory savings bank on Apartment Therapy. They featured this snout-less piggy bank you could by and while I loved the idea, I honestly think that bank looks a little creepy :-/
But I keep coming back to the thought of a little ceramic storage place for our favorite memories. I think this is something I would really love to do for 2013.


I started searching for piggy banks that I would like to use for this idea, when I came across this cute little owl on Amazon.
Kikkerland Owl Coin Bank - $14.63
How cute would a little "Wise Ole' Owl" be who safe keeps all our memories for the year?
The one thing the Speechless Studios bank offers that is cool, is a extra wide slot for slipping papers into. I would like something with a bigger whole for holding bulkier items. With a little brainstorming, I decided what would be wrong with using a vase for these purposes...
Home Decorators Collection Owl Vase - $23
Small Tootsie Pop Owl Mini Vase - $15
Ceramic Owl Planter in Lemon Yellow - $49.29
Vintage Owl & Tree Branch Vase - $17.99
I can't wait to actually bring this idea home to our living room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment