Monday, September 17, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - September 17

Last night as I was menu planning, I was so stuffed from lunch still that nothing sounded good so it took me way to long to come up with this list. But here is what we are having this week:

Tortilla Soup

Recipe from my friend Lyzette: Bring to bowl chicken broth, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of corn, Rotel, and cooked shredded chicken. Serve with cheese, chips, and avocado.


Grandma's Pork & Cabbage
Dad requested this recipe this week so I had to ask my aunt for it. You chop the pork up in bite size pieces. Brown them in a skillet. Then chop the cabbages into chunks and place on top. Also chop some onion if you want. Cover and let steam till cabbage is translucent and pork is cooked. Then shake in some Worcestershire sauce and that about it. Serve over rice.

Asian Chicken
A friend gave me this recipe in a fun swap game. All it requires is 1 part peanut butter and 1 part soy sauce that you coat over chicken pieces. Cook the chicken and I serve it over those Asian noodle kits you can buy at Walmart.


Bobbies aka Thanksgiving Sandwiches
We first had these at DOMA and they are amazing. Just make a sandwich out of turkey breast, stuffing, and cranberry sauce stuffed into a big hoagie roll. So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment