Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Last Bag You Will Ever Need - HP + Project Runway: Laptop Bag Design Competition

Here's a little known fact about me...
As a child I used to dream of being a fashion designer. I was constantly sketching outfits and by my preteens having my mom actually sew my creations. I ended up with some very beautiful dresses over the years and to this day I enjoy coming up with innovative outfits for special occasions.

So when I read about the HP + Project Runway: Laptop Bag Design Competition in my latest Clever Girls newsletter, I was really interested in giving it a stab. I know it is a wicked long shot that I will even make the semi-finals but I wanted to see what sort of design I could come up with on such a short turnaround.
Above is my entry design and here are the details:

The Last Bag You Will Ever Need
Fashion meets function with this all-in-one number. Stow your laptop in this sleek envelope clutch sleeve (15" W x 10.5" H x 1" D) that you can take with you whenever you need to travel light. Or slip it into your trendy bag (11" W x 17" H x 5" D) along with everything else you will ever need to carry. This catchall has 3 outer zipper pockets for holding paper work and keys along with 2 over-sized pockets for items like your phone and sunglasses. Inside is fully padded and divided into 4 main sections for your laptop sleeve, a DSLR camera body, lens, and any other vital tech gear like chargers and cords. It also features a 3.5"x11" removable padded "shelf" to place over the camera gear section so you can utilize the extra 12" of depth for whatever else you may need to carry. A 1" wide padded adjustable strap makes this bag perfectly comfortable to carry all day. Available in Poppy Red, Lemon Zest, or Monaco Blue water-resistant, high-quality synthetic leather exterior and a bold patterned lining.

The 400 character description was really hard to meet while including all the cool features about this bag, so I wanted to share the long version here :)
What do you guys think? Would you buy a bag like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment