Friday, March 22, 2013

The Veronica Mars Movie


Veronica Mars was one of those shows that I love and had my heart broken when it was cancelled after only 3 seasons (others being Arrested Development and Roswell). Admittedly I wasn't a diehard weekly fan when it was on air. I tried to watch it regularly since the teen detective angle really appealed to the Nancy Drew fan in me. But watching shows every week on TV has always been an issue for me. I am so thankful that Hulu now exists, allowing me to watch my favorite shows whenever I want without having to turn the TV on.
Well anyways, when I moved out back in '09, Veronica Mars was one of those shows that I tore up. I watched every episode back to back for weeks and was absolutely in love. And was so mad by all the unanswered questions at the end.
I rewatched the series again a year later trying to get Luke into it without much success. But my love wasn't dampened. I have always hoped their would be a movie, something to fill in the gaps. But with the success of Kristen Bell in recent years and the 6 years that have gone by, I figured it wouldn't happen.
A few days ago, Luke announced they were making a Veronica Mars movie. He read a little blurb online and I was pleasantly surprised and excited. I mentally added it to my list of upcoming things to watch like Season 4 of Arrested Development on Netflix in May.
Well today I was perusing potential projects to back on Kickstarter and I saw The Veronica Mars Movie Project. I guess I have been living under a  rock because I had no clue that THIS is how the movie was finally going to happen. I had been wanting to contribute to a special project for a while and this was definitely the one for me.
I am so excited to be apart of something so ground-breaking and historical even in such a little way. If you were even the slightest fan go contribute to the project. Every dollar counts to making this an amazing follow-up to a great show!
I cannot wait for the movie to come out next February!

No comments:

Post a Comment