Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Project 30.30.30 - Day 17

So I had this pair of favorite flip flop that I wore almost everyday this summer. Well finally one day, one of the toe portions got caught on something and they just popped apart :(
I was mildly devastated but held onto them for the purpose of doing something with the soles. So today I was inventorying my stash and came across them as well as the bit of sleeves I cut off my Day 12 jacket. This got me thinking...

I also stumbled across these cute barefoot baby sandals and figured I could do something similar for me. I started by cutting the rest of the tops off my flip flops. Then I made 2 fabric flowers using this method. To get the most out of each sleeve piece, I cut them at a spiral so that I ended up with 2 long 1" wide strips of fabric.
Once my flowers were done, I cut four 6" strips of elastic. I sewed 2 to into 5.5" diameter circles and the other 2 into 5" circles. Then I just hot glued the elastic to the back of my flowers. I would glue the larger band to one side and the smaller to the opposite.

Once they dried, I just slid them onto my soles, larger side towards the wider portion and slipped my feet through them. They actually stay together and I can walk in them plus I think they are really cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment