Friday, December 7, 2012

Project 30.30.30. - Day 5

So we made a little run up to San Antonio today and I wanted to stop at my favorite Goodwill on Commerce street to look for items for this project. I found an awesome ready-to-wear skirt and dress and a few pieces that I am excited to revamp!
Since we got home late, I wanted a quick and easy project so I decided to work with this skirt that I snagged for $2.

It was a pretty gold metallic and a Girl's XL. There was no way I could fit into it as a skirt, but it reminded me of those skirts circa '99 that had sheer fabric over metallic fabrics to create a pretty sheen.
After raiding our stash closet, I found the perfect fabric left over from a since donated dress. This was the most complicated refashion so far but still only took me about an hour. I just had to finish the edges of the sheer fabric with a serger and then attach it to the skirt.
The result?
I love this fun springy top! I debated adding straps but I'll always wear it with a bolero anyway so decided to skip it. I have the extra material if I ever change my mind though. And if you look closely you can see the metallic shine the skirt adds as a lining :)
Remaining Budget = $28

No comments:

Post a Comment