Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Project 30.30.30. - Day 9

One of my most exciting finds at "the dig" today was this little suede skirt. It was far too small for me but the style was just too cute. I immediately decided I wanted to size it down to fit Liana. I grabbed the skirt, held it up to her body to see how many panels to remove and stuck it in my makeshift sack made out of a dress.
When I came home it was my first refashion to try since I didn't have to wait for it to wash. To clean it, I soaked a lint free cloth in Resolve and wiped both side down. I figured any resulting discoloring would at least be uniform :)
Then I used a seam ripper to detach 2 panels and cut the waist band to separate everything.
And then I just stitched it back together...
This the most accurate to color
I think it turned out really cute and I can't wait to give it to her later this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment