Thursday, December 20, 2012

Project 30.30.30 - Day 18

So here is a quick little refashion I did for a part of a costume for a party tonight. The party actually requires 5 costume changes and one of my characters is Mrs. Peacock from Clue. I already had the perfect dress and blazer (that was from "the dig" ironically), so I just needed accessories. Originally I planned on wearing a little flapper cap I made out of paper maché. Unfortunately I started to doubt whether it would travel well without getting crushed :(
So I decided to modify my idea to work as a hair clip.
I had these 2 brooches from when I had an idea to make a brooch bouquet a while ago. So I just used some wire to hold them together the way I wanted. Then I hot glued them with some feather and a ribbon bow onto a circle of felt. Once it was all dry, I glued the felt onto a hair clip and marveled at my pretty little fastener :)

I had everything on hand in my stash except the feather which I had picked up for $1.75 for this costume.
Remaining Budget = $20

No comments:

Post a Comment